Benefits of giving to Wits
In addition to the benefit of making an impact on Wits and society through donations and sponsorships, donors and sponsors can benefit directly through their contributions.
Bona fide donations qualify for tax rebates in terms of Section 18A of the Income Tax Act as amended.
For external investors, sponsors and donors.
Significant University assets may be named:
- in consideration of financial contributions, sponsorship or other commercial transactions (Naming in Recognition), or
- to honour individuals or entities (Naming in Honour), or
- due to historical, functional, locality, cultural or other reasons.
Options include buildings, roads, spaces and places, research entities and chairs, prizes and awards, and sports teams and facilities.
The Policy on Naming Assets provides guidelines.
Intellectual Property, Output of Research
Contact us to discuss how substantial sponsorships of research conducted by Wits academics can attract access to intellectual property and/or the output of the research, subject to the terms of an agreement between Wits and the sponsor.
Donors and sponsors receive regular reporting on the impact of their contributions.
Visibility, Marketing and Contact opportunities
Contact us to find out how Corporate Sponsorships can enhance your company’s visibility to a target audience or provide marketing and contact opportunities with both academics and students.
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
Under the Revised B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice, Skills Development spending now encompasses education and training of both employees and non-employees (such as university students and staff). All Wits degree and short course programmes are aligned to the B-BBEE Skills Development Learning Programme Matrix and qualify for varying amounts of skills development spending. For more information, access the BBBEE Investment Solutions Brochure.
足球竞彩app排名 B-BBEE Considerations:
- The terms and conditions of the sponsorship will need to meet specific criteria to qualify for B-BBEE Scorecard points.
- Up to 15% of your B-BBEE Skills Development spending can fund student accommodation, catering and travelling expenses.
- For bona fide donations, donors may be entitled to a tax rebate and claim B-BBEE points under the Socio-Economic Development element.
When the selection of students is not done by the University, the contribution is seen as a sponsorship and does not qualify for a tax rebate. The contribution may, however, qualify for B-BBEE points.
Wits B-BBEE Missing Middle Campaign
Your B-BBEE score can change the lives of the ‘missing middle'.
Support for Corporate HR Talent Pipelines and 足球竞彩app排名 Sponsorships
The University also provides financial administration support by distributing funds received from the sponsor to students in accordance with the agreement between Wits and the sponsor.